Skip to main content

Veterans Services FAQ

Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.

How do I use my military benefit at ECC?

93 views   |   0 Vote this question as useful.   0 Vote this question as not useful.   |   Last updated on Nov 09, 2022   


Submit your paperwork “The Veteran and Military Benefit Activation Form” to Financial Aid Office before ECC’s payment due date to secure tuition payment of classes and BHA/MHA. To see how much your BHA/MHA will be, visit Illinois BAH (Basic Allowance Housing) Rates. All items must be submitted to the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office via email at or call 847-214-7360 with any questions.
  • You submit a certificate/letter of eligibility for each benefit that they wish to use.
  • You must be registered in their courses before submitting this form.
  • If you are using GI Bill® Chapters 1606, Chapter 30 and Chapter 35 may need to set up payment arrangements with the Student Accounts Office. These benefits are paid directly to the student and not to the institution.
  • You are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor to select their courses.
  • You are encouraged to apply for financial assistance at
  • If you are using the GI Bill® must contact the VA at 888-442-4551 for questions regarding deposits that are made directly by the VA (monthly payments, housing allowance, book stipends, etc.).


Veteran Resource Center

Building F, Room 201