Skip to main content

Veterans Services FAQ

Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.

How do I contact the certifying official at Elgin Community College?

525 views   |   1 Vote this question as useful.   0 Vote this question as not useful.   |   Last updated on Mar 15, 2024   


The official certifying works in the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office, Building B, Room 156. They can be contacted at 847-214-7360 or by email at

Verification of Enrollment Status

  • Student schedule certifications for all GI Bill® chapters are submitted upon request by the student. Each semester, the student submits their written request by completing the Veteran Checklist and Certification Packet and returning it to the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office. 
  • MGIB-Active Duty (Chapter 30), Chapter 35, Chapter 1606 - The student must complete the monthly certification by visiting the GI Bill® Home page and clicking “Verify School Attendance” on the right side of the page or calling 877-823-2378 to avoid any overpayments or delay in receiving monthly stipends.


Veteran Resource Center

Building F, Room 201